Window on the World

Walkin' on the Sun: The Official Smash Mouth Biography - Paul DeLisle

Very simply, Walkin' On the Sun, the Official Smash Mouth Biography, is a brief, chronological history of the band, including how they met, their meteoric success and their struggle to remain relevant 20 years later.

But to elaborate, this book is hip, fresh and fun, with a writing style very similar to the "nouveau-groovy 60's throwback" style for which their most popular songs are known.  I'm talking about the eponymous Walkin' On the Sun, not to mention Can't Get Enough of You Baby, All Star, Then the Morning Comes, and of course, I'm a Believer.

I loved how excited and grateful DeLisle is for all the good things that have happened for him and the band.  Did you know Smash Mouth was discovered by a young Carson Daly?  Or that Neil Diamond was a huge Smash Mouth fan?

I give Walkin' On the Sun five stars!!  It's a fast read, and tons of fun for fans of 90's music (how could that be 20 years ago?)

Source: http://teressamorris.com/2015/07/walkin-on-the-sun-smash-mouth-biography-book-review