Window on the World

A Crouton Murder (Book 2 Deadly Bakery Series) - J.M Griffin

A Crouton Murder is a quick read, but lots of fun.  I have not read the first book in the series, but I found the book stood on its own with enough necessary references to A Crusty Murder (Book 1 Deadly Bakery Series) so I didn't feel like I'd missed anything.  Still, I think it would be fun to go back and read the first book also.

My favorite part of A Crouton Murder was the descriptions of all the bakery good that Melina made.  I love to bake also, and all the yummy food in the book made me think of what I want to bake next!!  Maybe some flat bread or challah?

I also appreciated the very helpful scene where Melina's friend Vinnie shows Melina and Betty Jo how to defend themselves from an attacker.  The scene fit naturally into the story line but also gave some really excellent tips.

Melina and Betty Jo are likeable, girl next door, type characters and I found themselves rooting for both of them throughout the book.

I give A Crouton Murder 4 stars.  It's not overly filling, really only giving a bit more than a taste, but that only means it will leave you wanting more!!

Source: http://wp.me/p28w15-2Bm