Window on the World

Open Adoption, Open Heart: An Adoptive Father's Inspiring Journey - Russell Elkins Open Adoption, Open Heart is an inspirational story of hope, faith and love. The story is told, much like a series of blog posts, in a straightforward, conversational tone.

I almost bit off one of my thumbnails reading through the chapters where Russell and Jammie were waiting to find a birth mother that would work with them and the chapters towards the end when they are unsure if they will be able to keep their adopted son.

Russell and Jammie discovered when they opened their hearts and home to their new son that they were opening up to his birth family as well and the story of how they all come together to work for the baby's best interests is amazing and overwhelming.

This book is not just for those who are interested in adoption. Open Adoption, Open Heart is for anyone who enjoys an uplifting read.