Window on the World

Veiled Mist - Eleanor T. Beaty I was a little nervous to read Veiled Mist after reading the blurb about the book. I'm not a big fan of horror, and the line "The nightmare begins." seemed a bit of an omen. So I was pleasantly surprised that the book is much more empowering than scary.

Hanna is definitely a spoiled brat. She reminded me of some of the more stuck-up girls in high school. I found it hard to feel sorry for her when her life was turned upside down. I mean her answer to her nightmare was to have her seamstress make her sequined nightgowns. Seriously?

Ornella is my favorite character. She is not anything like a stereotypical gypsy. She is beautiful, smart and sassy, even if she is over 600 years old. She guides Hanna through some important lessons on how to think outside of herself and to show love and concern for others.