Window on the World

Sacrament of Fear - Will Dresser After my review of Will Dresser's second book, The Methuselah Man, I was itching to read the first book in the series, Sacrament of Fear, so I could get the back story on the main characters, Wes Franklin, his girlfriend A.J. and their coworker and friend, Rouzbeh Aryana, as well as the history of the Cloister of Akhenaten. So I was very excited when my copy of Sacrament of Fear arrived in the mail.

I was definitely not disappointed. The description in the book was gorgeous. It made me feel like I was right there in the middle of the action, especially when Wes, A.J. and Aryana are fighting guerillas in the jungles of Columbia, meeting with the Dutch government at the Hague, and exclaiming over the interior of a Morgan Plus 8 sports car.

The history of the Cloister of Akhenaten was very interesting and filled in a lot of the questions I had from Methuselah Man. I also enjoyed the story of how Wes and A.J. met and later fell in love. My only complaint about the book was that in some ways the main characters are too perfect.