Window on the World

Dangerous Past - A.F. Ebbers Admittedly, the subject matter of Dangerous Past is a little out of my comfort zone. I am not that knowledgeable about the Vietnam War, or its planes and weaponry. I had to run parts of the book past my husband, Art, in order to have him verify or explain them to me.

However, the storyline was fast-paced and adventurous. I enjoyed the mystery and suspense, even had to keep turning the pages just to see if the hero would make it out alive or to find out who was that mysterious homeless man at the Capitol?

Dangerous Past is a well-written book, but shoddily constructed. The first half of the book reads smoothly, but the remainder of the book seems slapped together and less well edited. I especially found the hero's dinner with one of his nemeses, General Lan, to be unnecessary to the plot and very out of place. This out of place plot device switched the action to mostly dialogue and did not serve to further the story at all.

I really enjoyed the story overall and was extremely satisfied with the ending.