Window on the World

Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued - Anna Elliott I have read all of Jane Austen's books. Of her six books, Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice are tied for my favorite. I always wanted sisters, but only had brothers (love you guys). The thought of so many sisters to comfort each other and squabble with each other was a dream come true to me. I have read these books over and over and always wished there were more. What happened after Elizabeth wed Mr. Darcy? Did Edward and Elinor live happily ever after? And what of the more minor characters? After Georgiana Darcy was so badly mistreated by Colonel Wickham, did she ever find true love?

I was so excited to find out that there is a whole world of fan fiction built around the very questions I have pondered all these years. Anna Elliott is one of these fans and I read her first book in the Pride and Prejudice Chronicles, Georgiana Darcy's Diary.

Georgiana is a shy and quiet teenager. Traumatized by the death of her parents, her misbegotten love affair with Colonel Wickham, and her overbearing Aunt deBourgh, Georgiana is not sure what to do when she is forced to "date" various "eligible" bachelors. Her sister-in-law, Elizabeth has become suddenly distant and Georgiana wonders what she could have done to hurt Elizabeth's feelings. Let's face it. Georgiana is a bundle of nerves. I could totally identify with her, LOL.

The story takes the typical Austenian turns with tragicomic misunderstandings which are all cleared up by the end of the book. I was very satisfied with the ending and am thrilled to see that Ms. Elliott has written a second book in the series, Pemberley to Waterloo. I can't wait to read it!!