Window on the World

Fuzzy Sapiens - H. Beam Piper The second book in the Fuzzy trilogy (you can read my review of book one - Little Fuzzy) continues the dilemma of how humans and other sentient beings get along. The question is - now that Fuzzies have been declared to be intelligent beings - how do Fuzzies and humans live in harmony?

I still feel that the viewpoints in this book are a bit outdated and definitely not politically correct. In addition, there is at least one deus ex machina involved in the plot (ugh). Fuzzy Sapiens is also not a book you would want to read without having read the first book in the series. There is not a lot of backstory given to explain how the story got to where it is.

That being said, and taking the book for the time it was written, I very much enjoyed this read. And, intended, or not, it was definitely thought-provoking!! I wonder if the books had been written after Star Trek, if H. Beam Piper would have caved to the Prime Directive?