Window on the World

Love on the Lido Deck: A Nautical Romantic Comedy - Barbara Oliverio

Love on the Lido Deck takes place a few years after the events of Oliverio's first book, Love on the Back Burner (see my review), which focused on Alexandria D'Agostino, flighty marketing guru turned famous chef.  The sequel focuses on Alex's best friend, Keira, who is much more staid and proper than Alex.

I really enjoyed getting to know the Keira character and her family better.  It was also fun to have Alex's family still around, since they all go on the cruise together.

Reading about the cruise made me want to take another one (it's been 8 years).  The fun, formals and frivolity of a cruise are well-portrayed in this charming book.

I would have to say my favorite aspect of both Oliverio's romantic comedies is that they are clean AND fun, traits that taken together seem hard to come by in this modern world.

As with its predecessor, the book has a wealth of recipes in the back, all of which were mentioned at some point in the story.

Source: http://teressamorris.com/2014/11/love-lido-deck-book-review