Window on the World

Chronicles of Steele: Raven: The Complete Story - Pauline Creeden

I love steampunk novels, but have only read a few of them.  In my opinion,  it is very difficult to write a believable steampunk world.

Pauline Creeden has pulled it off in Chronicles of Steele: Raven:The Complete Story. Not only was the story believable, but I felt like I was right in the middle of it.  I could see the zeppelin overhead and feel the steam from the mechanical horses.

The introductions to each chapter were fascinating, much like a compassionate version of Sun Tzu's The Art of War.  Here's the intro to Chapter One of Episode 3:

Remain open minded.

Watch for change in both people and environs.

When things do not go as expected, be willing to change one's expectations.

I enjoyed watching Raven mature as she tried to complete her final redemption and  learned the truth about herself, her history and her friends and enemies.  The book is a fun and adventurous read, but also inspiring and thought-provoking.  I think this would be a great story for the whole family to enjoy!!

Source: http://teressamorris.com/2014/11/chronicles-steele-raven-book-review